The UNIWORK project – “Strengthening Career Centres in Central Asia Higher Education Institutions to empower graduates in obtaining and creating quality employment” – aims to boost university-industry links that foster sustainable socio-economic development in Central Asia, by enhancing the capacities of Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) to efficiently promote the employability of graduates and develop an entrepreneurship culture amongst students, in line with Bologna and Tempus priorities.
UNIWORK is co-financed by the European Commission through the TEMPUS programme.
Specifically our objectives are to:
- Transform the Career Centres of 12 Partner Countries' Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) into truly efficient instruments to promote and support employment and entrepreneurship amongst students, creating a role model for other HEIs in the partner countries
- Reinforce university-enterprise relationships, developing tools and mechanisms for active involvement of enterprises in the Career Centres
UNIWORK, implemented by a consortium of Central Asian HEIs, Enterprise associations and HE policy makers, will attain the most urgent needs of the Central Asian HEI sector and economies through:
- Creating a knowledge base and identifying good practices in Central Asia and the EU regarding employment and entrepreneurship.
- Building capacities of the staff of 12 Central Asian Career Centres, benefiting also students and other Central Asian HEIs.
- Strengthening organisational capacities of the Career Centres.
- Enhance services for students.
- Policy Support & Networking Actions for active stakeholder inclusion & building bridges between HE & Enterprise.
- Disseminating project results following a strategic approach addressing the various target groups & stakeholders.
Through its activities and sustainable outputs, UNIWORK will benefit not only the 12 Central Asian HEIs directly involved, but also other HEIs and stakeholders in the Region of Central Asia.